Our client is a leading Fintech organisation based in Melbourne that is looking to expand its growing development team with a new Senior Systems Engineer requirement to join the team.
In return for the right candidate our client is looking to offer a great package, genuine career benefits and the ability to grow within a dynamic organisation.
The Senior Systems Engineer’s role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support core organizational functions. The Senior Systems Engineer will apply problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments. This individual will also provide guidance to the Systems Engineer staff.
Key Duties Include :
Strategy & Planning
- Collaborate with network staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Work with executive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure system-related products and services.
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Propose and create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmer and development teams.
- Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Integrate servers, including database, e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems.
- Ensure system connectivity of all servers, shared software, groupware, and other applications.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems.
- Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Good project management skills.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- VMware Virtualization, Windows/Linux Servers Troubleshooting, Disaster Recovery, Networking, Windows Server Active Directory, Security Systems Engineering, Cisco Technologies, DNS, Technical Support, Cloud Computing, Microsoft Exchange, SAN, Scripting Languages (PowerShell, Bash, VBScript, Python)
- The Systems Engineer will have a bachelor’s degree and 5 years of System Engineering experience, associate degree and 10 years related experience, or 15 years related experience.